The scientific name of non-scarring hair loss condition is called as “Alopecia areata“. Onion Juice for Hair Loss and greying Hair is an effective medication and it works in a little long term like month or two months. Current therapeutic options for Alopecia areata are limited, and there is no effective prevention for recurrent hair loss.
Onion juice helps by providing nourishment and circulation to the hair follicles. It also kills germs, parasites, and is helpful in treating some fungi infections, all of which can aid in prevention of hair loss. So onions are also effect in treating some minor fungal infection in scalp, dry or itchy scalp.
One study from the Journal of Dermatology found that just after four weeks of using onion juice, 74% of individuals with alopecia areata experienced significant hair regrowth. Within six weeks of using onion juice, 84% of the individuals were reported to have hair regrowth.
How to Use
1. Get some fresh onion (better is smaller/medium in size)
2. Just peel the onion, cut it in half and put it in the juicer and crush them
3. Put them in a sieve cloth and extract the liquid
4. Apply the liquid on your scalp, you can also apply blended onion, No problem
5. Keep it half and hour to one hour
6. Wash you hairs
Few other points
1. While applying it might stink a little, but try to avoid it, because it will have awesome results.
2. You have to be consistent while doing it, at least 4 times a weeks and see the results in a month.
3. You can also add fenugreek paste to condition your hair simultaneously.
4. If you want to maintain the natural color of your hair, mix the onion blend with adequate amount of mustard oil.
5. Just for change and different nutritional value, sometimes you can also add eggs, honey, fruits, oils.
6. If you want another remedies for Hair loss, try coconut milk.
Source : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22042611